Preparing For An Assessment
How to Prepare
Thank you for booking at Yāna Motion Lab™. We are excited to meet you. In order to prepare for your assessment please do the following:
- Ensure you have filled out the online intake form prior to your assessment date.
- Bring photo ID for an identification check.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can easily move in. Your assessment will require you to stretch, lunge and jump. Most of our clients prefer to wear athletic clothing that can move easily with their body during the assessment. A changing area is available for those that come to us during their busy work day.
- Athletic shoes are recommended as other types of shoes may restrict your movements during the assessment. Our recommendation is to wear footwear that you would wear to the gym or for a run/walk.
- Dark clothing is best. Your assessment will be performed in our 'green room'. This allows us and our digital equipment to better observe and track your body movements. Darker colors provide a better contrast between the background and you and allow our system to better track your moments during the assessment. Please **avoid wearing any bright green clothing** that will blend in with our green studio.
- Clients with long hair will need to fasten their hair back in to a pony tail or bun- we need to see your neck and assess your head movements during the session. We got you covered if you forget your elastics we will provide you one.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. Your assessment will take between 15-30 minutes.
- We will have some fun! Please do advise us of any current or physical limiting injuries during your assessment. We will be asking you to move you body in different positions.
- If you are driving, visitor parking is available to the left side of the building in the parkade using stalls #11-13